Back-to-school season is in full swing! Your Westwood Elementary staff and PTO are behind the scenes preparing for several upcoming events to kick off the 2019-2020 school year. Here’s a highlight of some important dates to add to your calendar:
- Kindergarten Play Dates: 8/8 @ 11am-12pm and 8/14 @ 5-6pm…informal gatherings of incoming kindergartners and their adults to enjoy a cool treat and get acclimated to the Westwood playground (weather permitting).
- Kindergarten Kick-Off: 8/13 @ 3-5pm (see the information sent via snail mail/email from Mrs. Nanney)
- New Student Orientation (grades 1-5 only): 8/14 @ 6pm
- 1st Day School Supply drive-thru pick up: 8/15 @ 11:30am-12pm…an opportunity for parents to drive through the pick-up line and receive your child’s box of supplies via curbside service (this applies to families who pre-ordered their supplies in the spring via 1st Day School Supplies).
- Popsicle Social and Supply Drop Off: 8/19 @ 2:45-3:30pm…drop off supplies to your child’s classroom and enjoy a cool treat courtesy of PTO.
- Kindergarten Parent Night: 8/19 @ 6-6:45pm…an event reserved for parents only, as this will be an opportunity to meet with your child’s principal and teacher to learn about their new school, routines, and expectations.
- And of course, THE FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL is 8/20!